Arp Axxe strange pitch issues

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
wolfox

Arp Axxe strange pitch issues

Post by wolfox » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Hey guys, I recently noticed that when I play my arp axxe mkII, a few of the keys make pitch sweeps when pressed halfway down. They sound fine when pressed down all the way, but when I press the key in the halfway down position, it goes all out of tune or does a pitch sweep. I want to add that the issue is only with a few keys, and it is always the same keys as far as I can tell. What do you thing is wrong with it, maybe needs a cleaning? Thanks

belltones
Gear: Weller soldering iron, Hitachi oscilloscope, little hooked tool I got on Amazon for $1

Re: Arp Axxe strange pitch issues

Post by belltones » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 am

I've had this happen before as a result of dirty or tarnished key contacts and/or buss bar. That's why it's only certain notes. You'll have to clean the key contacts. The Axxe is a synth that you have to take apart from underneath, but luckily that means the keyboard is fairly easy to take out. Unscrew the bottom panel and you can lift the keyboard out through the bottom, through the frame.

wolfox

Re: Arp Axxe strange pitch issues

Post by wolfox » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:28 am

Alright, happy to hear it's just contacts! That totally makes sense. Really appreciate the advice.