Best casio keyboard for PCM

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Best casio keyboard for PCM

Postby princefan3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm looking for a synth relatively cheap that will give out basic instrument sounds that can be modulated in some way...example being CT 470 Casio comes close but is there anything better out there that I'm missing..

I really don't want to sample..

Cheers
princefan3

Re: Best casio keyboard for PCM

Postby V301H » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:41 pm

The Casio WK series has some basic Synth functions like Attack, Release, Filter Cutoff, Resonance (on pre WK-7500 models), and LFO Modulation. In addition to hundreds of ROM sounds there is a Tonewheel Organ section which can be modified by all of the Synth functions. Amongst the hundreds of Pianos/Keyboards, Orchestral, and Synth sounds there are basic Sine, Sawtooth, and Square waves that can be layered, detuned, filtered, etc. for your own Synth-like patches. The WK's can often be found for $200 or less.
Prophet 5 rev.2, Pro-One, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Matrix 12, OB8, MS20, Poly 800, CS70M, DX-7, CP35, Casio PX-5S, Hammond C3/M102, Vox Continental/Super Continental, Gibson G101, Farfisa Compact, RMI 300A, Pianet N, Combo Pianet, S770, S760, S50
V301H

Gear: Fender The Strat, Stratocaster, Jazz Bass Rickenbacker 360-12, 320 Messenger(Mark Farner)
Band: The Characters

Re: Best casio keyboard for PCM

Postby crystalmsc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:01 am

If it didn't have to be a Casio, you might want to check out the D-10 which has a more flexible synth engine. It's a cutdown D-50 with multitimbral feature. I'm using the D-110 which is the rack version and It's my favorite cheesy PCM sound source. If you want to dig deeper, it can be used with an editor or the rare PG-10 controller which is very pricy on e-bay but when lucky sometimes super cheap on a pawn shop. Listen to the demos here: http://www.synthmania.com/D-10.htm
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Kronos,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline