Korg Trident MK1 problem

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Korg Trident MK1 problem

Postby AmpedVoltz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 pm

First of all, hi!

I'm fixing a Korg Trident MK1 at the moment and besides a bad power-transistor the synth is still not working like it should. Everything lights up, but there is no sound coming out of it (only the flanger can create a "flanging sound").

It has a stable +15V,+5V,-5V and -15V. I looked up the schematics and checked every voice.
Now, there is no signal coming from the voice chips. When I'm measure the signal on the inverting outputs of the flipflops 4013 (IC2 or IC4), it's just a ground signal.

Can anybody help me out?

Cheers
AmpedVoltz

Re: Korg Trident MK1 problem

Postby AK79 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:34 pm

did you check on the battery ?

I can´t remember where the battery is located but in the Polysix and Poly61 it usually eats up the traces on the CPU-Board which cause all kinds of trouble including no sound because of missing triggers.

br
Arne
AK79

Gear: RolandSH09, RolandSH2, Korg PS6, Korg700S, SolinaStringEnsemble, MFOS SoundLabUltimate, YamahaDX7, YamahaCS01,SielOpera6, Korg Mono/Poly,OberheimOB8

Re: Korg Trident MK1 problem

Postby AmpedVoltz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Battery is fine, measuring 2.4V ...
All of the traces are also fine..

Any other ideas?
AmpedVoltz

Return to HELP!