Roland Juno 60 controls not working

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ChuckFalcon
Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Roland Juno 60 controls not working

Post by ChuckFalcon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi there, I have an issue with my Juno 60 and I could use some help. All of the controls work except:

-Triangle button
-Square button
-Sub Button
-Chorus 1 button
-Chorus 2 button
-HPF slider
-Numeric screen is also not working properly. It always shows "JJ"

I scroll through the presets and the actual waves and chorus' are working but you can't add waves or choruses if they aren't already saved on that preset. The "Chorus Off" button works but but once you turn off a chorus it won't let you add it back by pressing either of the chorus buttons, you just have to engage the preset again.

I have never ran into this situation before. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or any of them are related?

I am planning on doing the Minerva midi mod to the this Juno 60. I was wondering if these problems would be solved if I did that mod. I have read that many of the control issues that the Jupiter 6 has sometimes fix themselves once people did the Europa Mod. I know its a long shot.
Last edited by ChuckFalcon on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

AK79
Gear: RolandSH09, RolandSH2, Korg PS6, Korg700S, SolinaStringEnsemble, MFOS SoundLabUltimate, YamahaDX7, YamahaCS01,SielOpera6, Korg Mono/Poly,OberheimOB8

Re: Roland Juno 60 controls not working

Post by AK79 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Still any presets ? Have you checked the battery ?

br
Arne

ChuckFalcon
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000

Post by ChuckFalcon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:10 pm

AK79 wrote:Still any presets ? Have you checked the battery ?

br
Arne
That's the funny thing. The presets are working. Every time I change a preset button the sound changes.

AK79
Gear: RolandSH09, RolandSH2, Korg PS6, Korg700S, SolinaStringEnsemble, MFOS SoundLabUltimate, YamahaDX7, YamahaCS01,SielOpera6, Korg Mono/Poly,OberheimOB8

Post by AK79 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 am

do you have the schematics ?

all of the controls are handled by the cpu on panel board B. I would suspect an error in that area. Maybe the RAM is corrupted.

Check if the powersupply is ok and if panel B gets all of its supply voltages. check for broken wires between Panel A and panel B. the switches on panel A belong to the same matrix as the switches on panel B.

br
Arne

ChuckFalcon
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000

Post by ChuckFalcon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:51 am

AK79 wrote:do you have the schematics ?

all of the controls are handled by the cpu on panel board B. I would suspect an error in that area. Maybe the RAM is corrupted.

Check if the powersupply is ok and if panel B gets all of its supply voltages. check for broken wires between Panel A and panel B. the switches on panel A belong to the same matrix as the switches on panel B.

br
Arne

I finally opened it up and started looking around and then THERE it is. There was a crack in the circuit board breaking some traces. After bridging the breaks, its all up and going perfectly!