Replacing hard drive Korg Triton Studio ST88

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
EdK

Replacing hard drive Korg Triton Studio ST88

Post by EdK » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Hello!,

I hope someone will be able to help me out.
I have been searching for some information for the Korg Triton Studio ST88 and have been unsuccessful.

I need to replace the hard disk drive in the Studio ST88 I have a new hard drive but my problem is how to disassemble the Studio in order to get to the drive.
All the information I've been able to find on the internet so far has not helped. All the information refers to the other Korg Triton models (Pro, Pro-X, Extreme, Classic). Even the 61key version of the Studio is not the same I have the Triton Service Manual but it is of no help. I also tried contacting Korg Corporate but they were unable
to help as the Triton series has been out of production for several years.

Apparently Korg designed the bottom of the Studio ST88 differently than the other models. The bottom on the other models appear be a metal plate, however the bottom of the
Studio ST88 is made of wood.

I have removed all the screws on the bottom (except those for the rubber feet) but it appears that something inside is still attached to the bottom. I can't see what it is and don't want to force anything
for fear of damaging something.

If I can get the bottom removed, replacing the hard drive itself is not an issue as I am very familiar with computer technology (IDE, SCSI, etc)

I'd like to avoid taking it in for service as I use my board a lot and my schedule at times can be unpredictable.
I'm hoping someone in this forum might be able to help me out.

Thank you!!

EdK