Volca FM- technical issues.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Volca FM- technical issues.

Postby ian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:35 am

Hello, My Volca Fm is suddenly no longer polyphonic, the arp does not work, and the sequencer is not functioning at all. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? Plugging in a Arturia keystep via midi I can play polyphonically and play arps. So that is something at least. I did a factory reset,still no dice. Running it off a korg adaptor ( for an MS20, which I believe is the same power adaptor, the two other volca's I have work with it fine.) no difference with batteries or wall wart. Any constructive input would be helpful, thank you.
ian

Gear: TR707, yam Sk20, Korg MS20, yam DX Reface and Dx7, Arturia micro, Kawai 1 Ii and 3... My step up is a work in progress.
Band: Black Limo

Re: Volca FM- technical issues.

Postby ranzee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 am

A few things you could try:

To check if POLY is on - use FUNC + POLY (Key #1)

To check if ARP is on - use FUNC + ARP ON/OFF (Key #5)

for the sequencer - just clear it with Func + Erase

see how that goes :)
ranzee

Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Re: Volca FM- technical issues.

Postby ian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Thanks for the response.
Yes, I have tried all of those things, as well as doing a factory reset ( one of the power-up functions) and the problems persist. I read that Korg has an update available for the FM, considering seeing if that may help. First, wondering if anyone else was trouble shooting similar issues.
ian

Gear: TR707, yam Sk20, Korg MS20, yam DX Reface and Dx7, Arturia micro, Kawai 1 Ii and 3... My step up is a work in progress.
Band: Black Limo

Return to HELP!