KORG MS-10 PATCHING DISASTER

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Tacruff

KORG MS-10 PATCHING DISASTER

Post by Tacruff » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello all,

I have been playing around on my Korg MS-10 this morning patching different sounds following the user manual.

I went away to get a drink and come back to find my nephew and niece had decided to take things into their own hands and have been putting patch cables in all sorts of configurations. Now the only sound I can get out of the Korg MS-10 is a 1 tone buzz. All of the keys produce the same tone/note.

I have tried re patching the Korg (following the user manual) back to the original sound but this doesn't seem to do anything. When all of the patch cables are removed I am still stuck with the same noise.

So I guess the question is, how do I return the synth to its original settings when I don't know what they have done.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

tom

sneakthief

Re: KORG MS-10 PATCHING DISASTER

Post by sneakthief » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Try plugging and unplugging cable into the various input jacks, especially the VCO CV IN. Alternatively, plug a cable from the KBD CV OUT into the VCO CV IN.

Since the jacks are normalized, it could be that they're not making proper contact anymore when the cables are removed. Plugging and unplugging may help fix this.
sneak-thief: raw electrofunk!
http://sneak-thief.com

Tacruff

Re: KORG MS-10 PATCHING DISASTER

Post by Tacruff » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm

sneakthief wrote:Try plugging and unplugging cable into the various input jacks, especially the VCO CV IN. Alternatively, plug a cable from the KBD CV OUT into the VCO CV IN.

Since the jacks are normalized, it could be that they're not making proper contact anymore when the cables are removed. Plugging and unplugging may help fix this.
Thank you, I'll try this tomorrow when Im home. :geek: