Alesis microns multitimbral

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Alesis microns multitimbral

Postby princefan3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am

Hi all...read the manual about multitimbral but can't seem to get it into action...do I have to go into a set up to get it to operate...I'm using it with an old Atari 1040.
Would like to know if a current owner or ex owner had the same problem...cheers
princefan3

Re: Alesis microns multitimbral

Postby meatballfulton » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Have you read the manual?

See page 41 on creating setups and page 100 about controlling setup parts over different MIDI channels.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Alesis microns multitimbral

Postby princefan3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

Cheers Meatball....after researching and a bit of delving yesterday I got the twang of it...yes you need to go into set ups to go multi timbral.
I did find however that I had to turn off midi thru on my Atari sequencer while I loaded the sounds on to the set up as I wasn't able to hear anything from the micron.
Then when I had put enough patches in I have to re click the midi thru on the Atari screen for it to be able to record the sounds I had loaded into the set up.
Did find that the sounds overlapped when playing the first recorded piece but then it would split to individual sounds when the midi Chanel was changed.
It seems you have to split the keyboard at the loading of the set up to get clean sounds.
Is still a little baffling but I don't do complex stuff in my music anyway.
Even though I read the manuals you always like the back up of your judgement with others experiance.
Thanks again meatball I know I can be frustrating poster at times but I just love the site and it's members for the help
I have received over the years.
princefan3

Return to HELP!