Juno 60 Envelope Problems. Need Help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Juno 60 Envelope Problems. Need Help!

Postby ChuckFalcon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi everyone! I have a Juno 60 that is fully working besides just a couple things.

1.) When I flick the "Trigger Mode" switch to "Manual" and press the big LFO trigger button, only the DCO changes, nothing happens to the Envelope over in the VCF section.

The VCF and Envelope seem to work fine when "Auto" is selected in the "Trigger Mode" section. When its in "Manual trigger" the synth sounds like the filter is wide open. I've tested this on all presets and on the manual preset button.

2.) When I turn off the waves in the DCO section, and then adjust the VCF to where I can play notes on the keys, every 6th note is silent. Also, if I keep playing the same key, the VCF pitch is slightly different. It plays the same sequence of "slightly different pitches. The oscillators when played, play all 6 notes in the correct pitch.

Does anyone have any ideas, help or suggestions? I've worked on Juno 106's, and SOME on 60's but note much. Any help at all and I would be very appreciative.
ChuckFalcon

Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Re: Juno 60 Envelope Problems. Need Help!

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 pm

When you press the same key over and over it rotates through the six voice chips and the filter calibration of each is slightly different so the pitches are a little off. If every sixth note is missing it means the filter for that particular voice is not reaching self resonance, also probably a calibration issue.

If you have the service manual, read up on any filter calibration procedure.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Juno 60 Envelope Problems. Need Help!

Postby ChuckFalcon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:53 pm

meatballfulton wrote:When you press the same key over and over it rotates through the six voice chips and the filter calibration of each is slightly different so the pitches are a little off. If every sixth note is missing it means the filter for that particular voice is not reaching self resonance, also probably a calibration issue.

If you have the service manual, read up on any filter calibration procedure.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the help. Yeah I think I can do that one for sure. Any idea about the first problem with the Auto/manual situation?
ChuckFalcon

Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Return to HELP!