Early Ensoniq Key contact board

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Early Ensoniq Key contact board

Postby Hyde » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 am

This is more of a service bulletin for those who have the same era Ensoniq Keyboards & start having keyboard calibration failures. I ran across a service bulletin that mentioned swapping out main boards in the EPS & that there were steps to take with earlier mother boards vs later model. At any rate, they mentioned that the earlier key boards had a poor connection between the contact boards & the it would be a good measure to go ahead & solder a better connection across them. Luckily I ran across this when i did because, when swapping out my main board I started getting a keyboard calibration failure. SO, I pulled the center keys out to have a look. Sure enough, there were little tiny wires soldered across the connection & a few of them had a broken connection. I fixed the connection & everything is dreamy again!
So, there it is. I'll mark this post as solved & hopefully it helps someone else, at some point down the road.
Makin' Noises
Hyde

Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000

Re: Early Ensoniq Key contact board

Postby Ashe37 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:43 am

I documented what the fixed keyboard bridge looks like a few years ago on here. what happened is when played hard, the original keybed bridge would eventually fail. When there is a set of wires across it in addition to the bridge, it has been 'fixed'.

This one has not:

Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Return to HELP!