K2000 Pitch Bend repair/service

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

K2000 Pitch Bend repair/service

Postby Tekhed66 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:00 am

Hi all

Bit of a long shot here....

I have a K2000 with a pitch bend wheel that sort of works.... the bend isn't smooth in either direction and only bends the note once it's almost at the extreme end of the bend. When I bend upwards, the note's pitch is unaffected until the wheel is rotated about 90% of the 'up' range and then the note pitch does a wobbly bend up about 2 half tones (eg a C will bend up to a slightly wobbly D) ... bending down usually has no effect though sometimes it randomly oscillates between an un-bent and 2 steps down note once it has almost reached the end of the wheel's range (eg C will bend down to a random wobbly Bb, then back to C, back to Bb etc).

The modulation wheel is perfect.... no problems there.

Before I spend cash which I don't have on a replacement pitch/mod wheel assembly, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I could do or check to make sure it's the wheel assembly and not something else? ... the replacement part comes with the associated circuitry but if there is a fault further along the line, replacing the assembly might not fix the problem (it's also non-returnable) .... could it be a dirty pot in the pitch bender? Could giving it a squirt of Deoxit be worth a go?

Any thoughts or advice would be fantastic.

many thanks!
Tekhed66

Gear: Roland JD-990
Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias
Korg Volca Beats
Akai s5000