Korg MS2000 Power supply

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Korg MS2000 Power supply

Postby SlimeBaal » Fri May 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi,
My power supply to MS2000 broke so now i need a new one. im wondering if its necessary to get a official power supply or if i could go with whatever works, and if you have any ide what that would be. Hope you guys know!
Thanks alot
SlimeBaal

Re: Korg MS2000 Power supply

Postby Rasputin » Fri May 04, 2018 11:47 pm

SlimeBaal wrote:im wondering if its necessary to get a official power supply or if i could go with whatever works, and if you have any ide what that would be.

No special power supply is required. HOWEVER, do take extra caution to make sure the polarity is correct! Korg gear is easy to fry by using a substitute power supply that either has the wrong voltage, wrong polarity, or is an AC-AC adapter and not an AC-DC adapter.

In other words, make sure it outputs 9VDC exactly, NOT 9VAC. Not anything higher than 9V. Anything 500mA or higher is fine for amperage. And make sure the polarity is correct because Korg gear almost never has reverse protection diodes to protect against this.
Last edited by Rasputin on Sun May 06, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin

Postby SlimeBaal » Sat May 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Alright! Thank you very much for the answer

David
SlimeBaal

Postby Rasputin » Sun May 06, 2018 12:26 am

SlimeBaal wrote:Alright! Thank you very much for the answer

Welcome.

You can get 2 amp (or about that) adapters with selectable voltage and multiple tips (which can be either tip- or tip+ depending on how you place them on the end of the adapter) at Wal-Mart** for like $10 or so. I'm sure most hardware or department stores would be about the same.

The Korg adapter is garden variety, just take care to match the specs.

** PowerLine brand universal adapter, I think.
Rasputin

Return to HELP!