Korg Poly 800 mk2 sysex

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Korg Poly 800 mk2 sysex

Postby Nearhan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 am

Hello everyone,

I havre a korg poly 800 mk2 and the question I have is regarding using sysex features to backup my patches. I am fairly new to midi in general, I have a poly Six modded with kiwisix and have been having a blast with that one.

So I really want to change my patches around but I also want to be able to save the ones I currently have. I can't seem to figure out how to actually start the dump.

I have a mac so I am using SysEx Library and have it configured to read from my midi input port.
I've read the manual for the 800 it goes into detail and how it should work but I can't seem to trigger it. Am I doing something wrong or just being a totally dumbass?

I hit record one in the sysEx library app and hoping that starts the data dump request but nothing ever happens. Would love any or all help?

And obviously the vice versa of this is to load patches as well.
Any and all advice would be really helpful!

Thanks!!
Nearhan

Re: Korg Poly 800 mk2 sysex

Postby SEM » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm

I've never used sysex with the KP but it's very easy to just use the old tape data output to dump your patches. Just flip the enable switch under 'tape', run a line from the output (3.5mm) to a DAW and save the output as a WAV. The synth even lets you test the recorded output. It's intuitive and works well for me though I appreciate sysex may be more convenient.
SEM

Return to HELP!