Prophet 600 Sequencer Export

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Prophet 600 Sequencer Export

Postby SeventhStar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 am

I picked up a Prophet 600 last month. When attempting to export Sequences via the Cassette interface, it appeared as though the Programs were being exported, instead of the Sequences.

Step 8, in the Manual for Saving Programs or Sequences to tape, states:

"To store both sequences, press either SEQ 1 or SEQ2 within 3 seconds of having switched TO TAPE on."

When I do this neither LED for SEQ1 or SEQ2 lights up. And the exported audio file ends up being the exact same duration as the Programs export. I expected the sequence audio duration to be different in length.. Step 8 is the ONLY difference over Program export. Does anyone know if the SEQ button LED should light, when doing this?

I need to replace the battery in this synth, and I'd like to save the sequences in it, as they are cool, before disconnecting the old battery. So, I haven't tested loading the sequences back in yet. There are two sequences currently in the RAM memory and don't know if they are the factory ones or not. Just have not noticed any visual indication that YES, it is actually exporting the sequences, instead of the programs..

Note, that this is a stock unmodified 600, no gligli upgrade.
SeventhStar

Gear: (Sequential Prophet 600, MULTI-TRAK & TOM), DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Re: Prophet 600 Sequencer Export

Postby madtheory » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am

Can you record the MIDI out of the sequencer into a DAW?
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Re: Prophet 600 Sequencer Export

Postby SeventhStar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 am

Yes, I suppose I could do that, play the sequences with the MIDI out connected to my MAC using Reaper.

But, I was hoping a fellow Prophet 600 owner, might know whether those SEQ button LEDs should light up, when pressing the buttons, to tell the 600 to output the Sequences, instead of Programs. And to confirm if the instructions are actually correct in the manual to do this. I've read about some instructional mistakes in Sequential manuals, one being in the Drumtraks manual, where they tell you incorrectly how to go about doing something.
SeventhStar

Gear: (Sequential Prophet 600, MULTI-TRAK & TOM), DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Return to HELP!