Korg R3 Firmware

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Korg R3 Firmware

Postby Loiskeys » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Hey Everyone!my Korg R3 is not longer booting, everything started by displaying a couple of odd chars in one display, and finally it was not able to boot at all (remains in the Korg R3 screen) It is electronically fine and in perfect conditions, i even got its service manual, but looks like the only possible solution is to reload its Firmware which is not available in korgs kegacy website. Any help is welcome, thanks in advance! BTW i would be pleased t share the manual or help with any other related synth issue.
Loiskeys

Re: Korg R3 Firmware

Postby Rasputin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:21 am

Loiskeys wrote:looks like the only possible solution is to reload its Firmware which is not available in korgs kegacy website. Any help is welcome

What happens when you hold REC + 7 while powering up to enter the service engineer test mode and then check the FLASH ROM?

Korg Germany is actually very good and helpful if you email their technical service. They may be able/willing to send you the firmware.

P.S. I wouldn't mention possessing their service manual or knowing / having used any of the test modes it contains.
Rasputin

Return to HELP!