JX3P Top Panel? Anyone know where to find?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Mrwhoopteedoo

JX3P Top Panel? Anyone know where to find?

Post by Mrwhoopteedoo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello,

I just picked up a JX3P. Aside from a dead key it functions as needed but it looks like it survived a nuclear explosion. The worst of it is the top panel. Do any of you know where to find a replacement Top Panel?

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Re: JX3P Top Panel? Anyone know where to find?

Post by rhino » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:12 am

(1) keep posting on Facebook - Synth Freaks, etc.

(2) not cheap, but AUDIOCUSTOM.pl does a D&%^ good job of repainting and re lettering synth panels. Shipping to Poland should be reasonable if you just sent the metal panel. They are a good bit cheaper than places in the US.
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

Mrwhoopteedoo

Re: JX3P Top Panel? Anyone know where to find?

Post by Mrwhoopteedoo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:00 am

Thanks for the reply. I think I had the rare luck of getting a diamond in disguise. The exterior looked terrible but the interior looked like it was 1983 still. Hardly any dust and no wear and tear on any of the parts after I cleaned up the keybed contacts and buttons and it worked like it was 1983 too. I think I got that one synth someone brought, never played and chucked into storage only to be found years later. :lol: The top panel is the only piece that tells the story of how long it's been sitting around but I'm grateful I didn't pay too much for it and got a great keyboard.