D-50 Part

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

D-50 Part

Postby Moog_Meister » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:54 pm

Does anyone know where I can get some key guards like this? Tech serviced my D-50 and threw these away.

An example of what I’m talking about:

https://goo.gl/images/j3oBCD

-Thanks
Moog_Meister

Re: D-50 Part

Postby madtheory » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Looks like thin PVC, you could cut your own strip from a sheet? I'll take a look at my D50 at some stage, when I get it out of storage.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby Moog_Meister » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 am

madtheory wrote:Looks like thin PVC, you could cut your own strip from a sheet? I'll take a look at my D50 at some stage, when I get it out of storage.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not too sure it’s definitely a flexible plastic of some sort. If I could nail down what material it is I could cut out some put them in.
Moog_Meister

Postby madtheory » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:58 am

OK if I get a chance to check mine I'll let you know but I can't make any promises might be a week or two...
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby Rasputin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:03 pm

What's with people and their compulsion to throw things away? smh :roll:

Mylar stencil sheets are the first thing that come to mind.

10 mil maybe? 14 mil is probably too thick. If I recall correctly, those strips aren't that rigid, just enough to keep the keys from being pulled out. Luckily for you, I think a pretty wide range of materials could be used here and it won't much matter.
Rasputin

Postby Moog_Meister » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:20 pm

madtheory wrote:OK if I get a chance to check mine I'll let you know but I can't make any promises might be a week or two...

Hey, no rush I just appreciate the help. Thank you for going through the trouble.

Rasputin wrote:What's with people and their compulsion to throw things away? smh :roll:

Mylar stencil sheets are the first thing that come to mind.

10 mil maybe? 14 mil is probably too thick. If I recall correctly, those strips aren't that rigid, just enough to keep the keys from being pulled out. Luckily for you, I think a pretty wide range of materials could be used here and it won't much matter.

Yeah I don’t get it! I worked on my Alpha Juno 2 and all it took was a little Elmer’s glue to put the guard back in place. One good thing from the experience with this tech is I learned to work on my own gear so I can have everything the way I like it. Thanks for the suggest I will look into stencil sheets.
Moog_Meister

Postby upunkt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:45 pm

You can use basically any flat plastic like cheese packaging or likewise cut to stripes. Make sure to attach the stripes properly with doublesided tape, gaffa or sth similar.
upunkt

Postby Yekuku » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 am

These plastic strips hold the keys from popping off.
It is not a critical part , and it looks like most people are lazy enough to put them back in place.
1mm thickness is ok, and they can be attached with double sided tape as upunkt said.
Any hard plastic can be used, just look in your trash bin , I am sure you ll find something appropriate for the job ;)
It is all about sharing...
Yekuku

Gear: dk'tronics speech synthesizer :P

Postby Moog_Meister » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 am

Thanks for the help and suggestions, guys!
Moog_Meister

Return to HELP!