Roland Jxp8 getting too hot (or maybe not)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Jakobz

Roland Jxp8 getting too hot (or maybe not)

Post by Jakobz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi there. :)
I have been doing some repair work on a Roland Jxp8. i have changed most of the switches and other mechanical parts, and everything seems to work fine. The guy im helping out, mentioned that he think it gets quite hot after being on for about 30 minutes, and sometimes experiences that it acts weird (hanging notes, drifting tuning) I however can not provoke any weird behavior from it, although it does get a little hot on the front panel just above the psu. Normally i would not be concerned, but it do get warmer than my Juno106, so i was wondering how much heat is the psu supposed to generate on the Jxp8.

Rasputin

Re: Roland Jxp8 getting too hot (or maybe not)

Post by Rasputin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 am

I don't recall any significant heat from my JX8P. I've never really measured it, but my attention hasn't been called to it either which indicates to me that if you/he gets the sense like it might be unusually hot, it just might be.

This is in contrast to something like an Ensoniq VFX or the like which absolutely *does* get hot to the touch around the heat sinks.