Volca FM slider recording

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
princefan3

Volca FM slider recording

Post by princefan3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 am

I would like to be able to have the Korg FMs slider movements mapped by my Atari 1040.

Is this at all possible.

I move the FMs sliders while it's playing a pattern I have created but it's not mapping the notes on my Atari.

It is just mapping the standard pattern....Hummm.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Re: Volca FM slider recording

Post by Jabberwalky » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 pm

The sliders don't send CC data. It doesn't even have a midi out, so how would you expect the Atari to learn the mapping input? It's a shame how crippled the volca FM is. It is technically possible to add a midi out (I added one to my volca beats) but as a master clock it's sloppy so note data is the only useful reason to do it.

princefan3

Re: Volca FM slider recording

Post by princefan3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Cheers jabba.....I thought so, I just needed your experiance to back up my thoughts. How nice it would have been if all you had to do was move the slider up and down and have the sequencer map the movement.

I found a work around but it involves the usual hard work of plonking in notes manually.

And I wasn't even moaning about the velocity either.

Thanks for your comment and support a lot of my questions are just aimed so that I can make sure I'm not missing anything and gaining a lot of help from you guys, it's invaluable to keeping me from going mad.

I know I post tut sometimes but I just need to get things straight in my mind.