Roland JDXi Question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Roland JDXi Question

Postby walter77 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:05 pm

How can I enable a midi interface between a JDXi and an old Roland E56 arranger synthesizer so that I can make use of the latter's larger and more numerous keys but enjoy the JDXi's sounds? Thank you!
walter77

Re: Roland JDXi Question

Postby tim gueguen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:11 am

It's pretty simple. You connect a MIDI cable from the E56's MIDI Out to the JDXi's MIDI In. Chances are both are set by default to MIDI channel one so you won't have to change them. I assume you're already running the JDXi into some sort of amplifier, or are listening to it with headphones.
Keys: Realistic Concertmate 500, Korg K25, Korg Micro X

Guits: '86 Fender Japan '50s Reissue Strat, '80 Aria Pro II TS-300 Thor Sound
tim gueguen

Postby Z » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 am

I demonstrate that in a few of my JD-Xi videos. Here's one:
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Postby walter77 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Hello, thanks a lot for both of you replying.
I have tried doing what you recommend with the in/out cable, but to no avail and yes it is going through an amplifier.
I thought, through blind ignorance, that the problem was in the E56 midi settings, so I pressed the midi
button on the E56 and various midi terms come up that don' t make any sense to me and unfortunately I
don't have the manual to decipher them, so I was interested in what you said about being set by default to the midi channel, perhaps this is the problem. Would you know how to set both synthesizers to the midi channel if they are not?
I thought it would be as simple as what you suggested but if you have any other suggestions please get back in touch,
much appreciated, good fellows.
walter77

Return to HELP!