Low Audio Output from Axon Ax 100 w/DG50XG Sound Card

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Low Audio Output from Axon Ax 100 w/DG50XG Sound Card

Postby drstringlove » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:58 pm

I have a couple of Axon Ax 100 guitar synths that are needy, probably best to deal with one at a time so I'll tell you about the first one. It has very, very low audio output through the installed sound card. Everything else seems normal. I have replaced the battery. Strangely, the user patches did not disappear despite having no battery connected for the few minutes it took for installation. How's that happen? Electrolytic caps? I have checked the voltages going into the sound card and they seem to be close to correct, the -7V was out of spec the most at -6.91V. Anyway, I also connected an expression pedal and ran through some presets to see if that would have any effect. And, I switched the other sound card that is know to be good with the one from this unit. No luck! I am now trying to decide if I have exhausted all the simple stuff or if it is time to find someone who can work on this unit, that is, of course, if there is anyone out there that can fix it. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
drstringlove

Return to HELP!