Sticky note Juno 60, need help

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Sticky note Juno 60, need help

Postby Rotil66 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello All,

I need help with my Juno 60. It's a bit difficult to explain what is happening but....
When I don't press a key nothing is sounding (as should) but as soon as I play one key it also plays a previous key together in steps of 6. After playing 6 keys it plays just the single note but it 'remembers' this note and plays it along with the next 5 notes and so on. Even if I don't play a note for a long time it still remembers this second note.
(even after 1st boot it plays a double tone, I can't tell if this is still the note that was 'remember' before I turn the unit off. Every thing else is working OK. The sound that I hear are also OK (ONLY DOUBLE TONE)
Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong. (It's not a keyboard/Mechanical contact issue)

I hope somebody can give a hint how to fix this. It would be a pity to write of this great synth.

Thanks
Rolof
Rotil66

Re: Sticky note Juno 60, need help

Postby jupiler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:21 pm

A tech should go deep in the diagnostic but it sounds like a dead BA662 or a dead IR3R01.
If you need one of these two circuits try www.vintagesynthshop.com or www.syntaur.com
Good luck
jupiler

Return to HELP!