Waldorf Pulse (1) Audio input

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
DLovas
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Roland JP-8000
Roland JV-1080
Roland D-550
Roland S-760 (3x)
Waldorf Pulse+
u-he Zebra2

Waldorf Pulse (1) Audio input

Post by DLovas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 am

Hey guys - quick question on the Waldorf Pulse's audio input jack.

The audio input jack enables external audio sources to run through the Pulse's filter - though I'm curious as to why there is only one audio-in jack as opposed to two. I suppose this means only mono sources can be accepted/ half stereo signals will be converted to mono?

I tried searching up to determine if the input jack accepts stereo signals though was unable to find any details.

I don't think the pulse is the only piece of gear with only one audio input for processing of external sources

Since I'm 99% sure the jack only accepts mono signals (which would make sense for microphones, etc.) - my next question would be, why would this be the case? I would like to process stereo signals without needing to record rights/lefts separately.

Big Gnome
Gear: E-mu Proteus 2500
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Ensoniq VFX
SCI Prelude
Waldorf Blofeld
Band: The Nondescript

Re: Waldorf Pulse (1) Audio input

Post by Big Gnome » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:35 am

I couldn't find anything concrete, but I'd be very surprised if it could process stereo signals--this would require two separate signal paths from the mixer on down, and as far as I can tell the Pulse is strictly monaural upstream of the VCA outputs.
"Sure that's fine in practice, but what about in theory?"
Some of my c**p