Yamaha DX11 factory reset

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
division2000

Yamaha DX11 factory reset

Post by division2000 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:51 am

hi,

i posted this in another thread but very very old.

I am not sure what will Factory Reset procedure do to my "new" DX11.
There is a tone user stored presets that I do not want at all, and many are modified by previous users.
If I make factory reset doI get all the original sounds as when unit was shipped?
If not, can I transfer all sounds via TAPE input, but using a sound card output, not tape recorder???

This is from yamaha website:

Factory Reset Procedure for a DX11
Last Update: 03/10/2012

WARNING: All user-stored data (Internal Voices, Performances) will be deleted. If the current settings and data are not expendable, create a backup before executing the Factory Reset. This can be done by performing a ''Bulk Dump'' of the System Exclusive data (Sys Ex) to an external MIDI storage device. The following procedure will restore the original settings, but not the original Performances or Internal Voices. The Preset Voices in Banks A, B, C, and D will remain.

Turn the power ON.Press and hold the [EDIT] button, then the [16] button, then the [32] button.Release the three buttons.Press the [YES] button.Turn the power OFF and then back ON.

What does this mean:

The following procedure will restore the original settings, but not the original Performances or Internal Voices.

`thx,

d2k

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Yamaha DX11 factory reset

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:20 pm

division2000 wrote:What does this mean:
The following procedure will restore the original settings, but not the original Performances or Internal Voices.
It means after the reset there will be nothing at all in user memory. Whatever was originally loaded there at the factory will not be restored.

Yes, you can use your computer's audio as a tape recorder. But a better and simpler way to back up the sounds is using a sysex utility.

MIDIOX for Windows

SysEx Librarian for Mac

Read the DX11 manual section about bulk dumps and bulk loads.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

division2000

Re: Yamaha DX11 factory reset

Post by division2000 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
It means after the reset there will be nothing at all in user memory. Whatever was originally loaded there at the factory will not be restored.

Yes, you can use your computer's audio as a tape recorder. But a better and simpler way to back up the sounds is using a sysex utility.

MIDIOX for Windows

SysEx Librarian for Mac

Read the DX11 manual section about bulk dumps and bulk loads.

ahh, OK, so basically all what will remain are Banks A to D where are patches for single mode and all from USER BANK INTERNAL and PERFORM patches will be gone?
Why original perform patches from factory are erased as well is what confuses me.

Anyway, does someone know where to get SYSEX for DX11 and do you lknow sonething about TEST PROGRAM that I read nees to be saved on RAM4 cartridge before replacing battery as otherwise is gone forever?

THX!!!