Sequential Circuits Six Trak

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
TIRED MAN

Sequential Circuits Six Trak

Post by TIRED MAN » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:20 pm

Hello!
Weird issue with a sequential circuits six-trak. Each preset now has one or more 'dead keys' that seem random and specific to the preset. If you mash enough keys to reach maximum polyphony, the 'dead keys' randomly reassign themselves to different keys. If that makes sense.

What is this?

Hyde
Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000
Band: Pindrive

Re: Sequential Circuits Six Trak

Post by Hyde » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:22 am

Has it ever been opened up for a cleaning/service? Maybe some loose connections or keys not firing properly, scrambling the computer. I fixed my mirage & eps classic, recently. Pulled the keys & found 30+ years of built up "YUCK" causing all sorts of problems. It was a tedious adventure but, they but work like new, now.
Makin' Noises

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:56 pm

The SixTrak has six voice chips inside, it sounds like one or more of them have gone bad or at least some of the connections to those chips have gone bad.

You might be able to isolate which chips are suspect by going into multitimbral operation, where it works as 6 monosynths. I'm guessing that in this mode, each timbre is locked to a single voice chip so some timbres would be dead and others not.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

TIRED MAN

Post by TIRED MAN » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:24 am

Thanks for that! It's recently been serviced but the electrician was puzzled by this issue. I'll quote to him meatballfulton's suggestion and see if that helps!

Thanks again!