Long Shot. Looking for a Potentiometer ROLAND

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Hyde
Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000
Band: Pindrive

Long Shot. Looking for a Potentiometer ROLAND

Post by Hyde » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Hey all! I've pulled apart my beloved Roland M160 rack mixer. It's had a long dead channel 14. I've narrowed it down to the input level Potentiometer. Seems to be a rare bird. It's a 5k mini with the following markings M5KohmsC theres also an 85 on the opposite side. 6mm D shaft about 10mm in length. Thought I'd give it a shot, here, before I try to make something else work. I really hate to put non matching parts in.

Makin' Noises

Rasputin

Re: Long Shot. Looking for a Potentiometer ROLAND

Post by Rasputin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:44 pm

Hyde wrote:I really hate to put non matching parts in.
The knob is what makes the part match ;)

Kind of joking, but somewhat serious because the exact part doesn't necessarily matter as long as the resistance and taper is the same, and so long as it will fit physically.

I mean, the brand/model and the body of the pot isn't that crucial as long as you can mount it and the shaft length is correct or can be modified to the correct length, etc.

Hyde
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000

Post by Hyde » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Hyde wrote:I really hate to put non matching parts in.
The knob is what makes the part match ;)

Kind of joking, but somewhat serious because the exact part doesn't necessarily matter as long as the resistance and taper is the same, and so long as it will fit physically.

I mean, the brand/model and the body of the pot isn't that crucial as long as you can mount it and the shaft length is correct or can be modified to the correct length, etc.

Where do you source such a part? I've found C taper mini pots at buildyourownclone but they only list 1k & 10k. Maybe I'm not searching the correct terms. Maybe I'm not finding the correct supplier?
Makin' Noises

Hyde
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000

Post by Hyde » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 am

Sorry, just realized I can half a pot with resistor. Ordered the part. I'll report back when the part is replaced
Makin' Noises