Yamaha S03 - Drums Layer on Keys - How to deactivate??

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ponc

Yamaha S03 - Drums Layer on Keys - How to deactivate??

Post by ponc » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm

So i got myself an old Yamaha S03, i love its sounds, but it got drum samples on the lower keys as a layer, no matter which voice or multi i am playing.
Like, if you play the lower 9 keys you can hear your piano or whatever plus a kick/snarewhatever depending which key you press.

I tried to figure out how to deactivate that but i just don'T understand the manual, its so complicated, and doesn't really describe what i am looking for.

Can somebody help me?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Yamaha S03 - Drums Layer on Keys - How to deactivate??

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:14 pm

If you have the S03 connected to anything over MIDI, disconnect it. Enter Voice mode. You should hear exactly one sound, the voice you have selected, across the full keyboard.

If this is NOT the case, come back here for more help. I do not own an S03 but Yamaha's used the same voice and multi mode system for decades and I've owned a few of their synths that use it.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.