Yamaha DX7 Pitch Bend not working

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Tiltrelia

Yamaha DX7 Pitch Bend not working

Post by Tiltrelia » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:55 am

I recently picked up a DX7 and I have been fixing it up. Everything on it seems to work except for the pitch bend. I have inspected all connections and the pitch bend wheel itself is not the issue, as it works just fine over MIDI, so I have no idea what the issue is here. Just to restate, the pitch bend wheel works when using the DX7 as a MIDI controller for a softsynth, so the IC that applies the pitch bend to the sound itself is not functional, but I do not know what it is. Any ideas? I do not have a scope or logic probe on hand.
Last edited by Tiltrelia on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rasputin

Re: Yamaha DX7 Pitch Bend not working

Post by Rasputin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:26 am

Tiltrelia wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:55 am
Just to restate, the pitch bend wheel works when using the DX7 as a MIDI controller for a softsynth.
Pitch bend range set to 0 in the DX Function Mode?

Tiltrelia

Post by Tiltrelia » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:42 pm

Unfortunately pitch bend is enabled and the range is set to 99, still nothing. As another note, when sending pitch bend info directly to the DX7 over MIDI, it has the same issue of not actually applying it to the sound.

Tiltrelia

Post by Tiltrelia » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:15 pm

Well, I just replaced the factory ROM with the special edition one, and that seems to have fixed the pitch bend issue, Random!