Yamaha QX5 track bouncing

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
princefan3

Yamaha QX5 track bouncing

Post by princefan3 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:21 am

Hi All....I've been through the manual and it gives everything apart form what you need to hear.

I've got it recording to track 1 but I'm stuck in how to move the recording to track 2.

So I can record another section on track 1 again.

Any ideas.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Yamaha QX5 track bouncing

Post by madtheory » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 pm

No idea, but you're very courageous to be working with this machine. The second most awful music device I ever worked with. Number one was another Yamaha product- the TX16W with Yamaha's original awful OS.

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:10 am

Well Madtheory....I have more for you to drive you even madder....a roland groovebox was purchased last night and they are a bummer as well I'm told....I'll have plenty to keep me occupied when I retire then.
Some people have model railways...I will just have manuals to read.

My inspiration came from a you tube clip...terrance dixon at the Boiler Room...a man with a machine doing the do.....that is how it should be done...the audience just don't get it.

Virgule

Post by Virgule » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:47 am

Have track 1 selected

- Press Shift+ Track
- Press F1 to select COPY
- choose your track destination

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 am

Thank you very much Virgule....just the answer I was looking for...will try it tom.

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:47 am

Hi Virgule.....have tried what you said....Press shift and track....but I just get...INPUT ASSIGN with the numbers 1 to 16

I don't get any copy instruction when I press F1

What do you think I'm no doing right...?

Virgule

Post by Virgule » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:38 am

Hi princefan,

- Press TRACK and select Track 1.
- Then, 'hold' down the Shift key while pressing TRACK. You will access that menu
- Use the F1 button to scroll through the functions until you see COPY
- Press F2 to jump to the first blinking TR1....and F2 again to get to the 2nd blinking TR1
- Use the arrows to choose which slot you want the recorded Track 1 to go....TR2 or TR3 or TR4, etc.

* you can move any track to any slot you want.

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Hey Virgule....This is the reason I love this site and I have come on leaps since finding you guys.

Thank you so much.

I had to keep hammering away and nearly gave up...it must be a faulty shift pad as it eventually came up.

Probably why it got sold.

You copy track one to even track 3 or 4 then you can record on 1 again and then press 3 or 4 for the track to join in....how the world seems a better place when something like this works for once.

I love the basic stuff and this unit the QX5 seems to fit ...it's strange that I've put away the Atari yet again even though it should be easier to work with....moving notes etc....but I think that playing live can open up mistakes more.