Finding a replacement LED for an ART SGE Mach II effects process (solved)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
part12studios

Finding a replacement LED for an ART SGE Mach II effects process (solved)

Post by part12studios » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I am working on restoring a recently bought ART SGE Mach II. I had one of these years ago and wanted to have another and found it for a fair price.. but I'm hearing that some of the bars don't light up. I'd like to replace it with a new one.

Admittedly I'm curious if they are in fact completely dead vs being DIM.. I realize that perhaps it's possible some bad connection could be the issue? has anyone dealt with LED number displays like the link below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mdpgg2hnskrc ... D.JPG?dl=0

I know from my experience with LCD displays it might be a million different designs.. but hoping the simplistic nature of LED vs more complex LCD displays that maybe it's a bit more standard?
Last edited by part12studios on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Janis 1279

Re: Finding a replacement LED for an ART SGE Mach II effects process

Post by Janis 1279 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 am

hi,
If some of the bars don't light up not for the reason of a bad soldering contact, but a bad led display, rarely seen it, the better way is to replace the all Led number displays due to possible very different brightness of segments of the different displays.
Regards Janis

part12studios

Re: Finding a replacement LED for an ART SGE Mach II effects process

Post by part12studios » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:58 am

Thanks for this. I'm happy to report the unit turned out to not have a problem with the LED, but rather the LCD screen that just has some little black bloch on it.. doesn't even interfere with reading the screen but it's right in the middle.

Glad to know though about the LED.. I do have a similar issue with a recent acquired JL Cooper patchbay.. now this IS red LED and a couple of the characters come across dim while the others are bright.. if i tap the dim ones sometimes they come back to life so i suspect there is some kind of bad contact.. maybe some oxidation happened.. but for now i'll leave well enough alone since it's still readable.

Thanks!
Caleb