Yamaha dx100 blank display

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
belzrebuth

Re: Yamaha dx100 blank display

Post by belzrebuth » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Had a similar issue with mine.
Does the LED next to the LCD light up? (it should be blinking if I remember correctly)

If no you may have shorted it when you closed it.
That was the problem with mine.
DX100 is easy to not close properly so I would reopen it and close it back more carefully.
It's not uncommon to cause a short on a wire that's pressing hard on PCB pins so I would tidy any flying wires as well.

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:47 am

Hi there. Remember there is a dial at the back of the synth for the screen contrast...it might have been touched in the process...I thought mine had died but it I must have touched it somehow. All the best.

upunkt

Post by upunkt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:40 pm

I don't know a DX100 from inside but since it has a lot in common with a DX27 which I owned and repaired I suggest double checking display connections. On my DX27 the ribbon cable had come loose on 2 or 3 pins resulting in no information on the display on startup. Depending on which lines are cut you might see garbage or just some black blocks on the screen.