Korg Poly 800 tuning / joystick problem

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
opinonno

Korg Poly 800 tuning / joystick problem

Post by opinonno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:55 pm

Turned on my poly 800 to find that every key is roughly 4 tones flat. The pitch also warbles unpredictably. After some tinkering I found that the "pitch bend" joystick function is not working anymore (though still it still functions w/ DCO + VCF). I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for how to clean that component out? Or if anyone with the same problem found a different fix that a novice like myself might be able to try? Thanks!

P.S. I've tried turning on/off, reloading factory patches.

UPDATE: Since I've seen this issue posted elsewhere but no conformations as to what fixed the issue, I was able to solve the problem just taking the synth apart and dusting the joystick component thoroughly. There was some dust and a buildup of what was probably lubricant in mid-80s. Removed the dust with microfiber and the lube gunk with a q-tip. So if your Poly800 synth is suddenly pitched incorrectly and pitch bend joystick function isn't working, this could be your 30 minute fix.