prophet rev 2 -- song mode / pattern chaining?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
hotbird

prophet rev 2 -- song mode / pattern chaining?

Post by hotbird » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:31 pm

is anyone aware if the prophet rev 2 has a song mode, or the ability to chain different sequence patterns together? i could've sworn the band in the video below was chaining simple drum patterns together (i didn't see a drum machine anywhere on stage). the only gear was a prophet rev 2 and an alesis q49 midi controller.

many thanks for any help! this is driving me crazy! :shock:

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: prophet rev 2 -- song mode / pattern chaining?

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 am

No it does not have a song mode, but since each patch has it's own sequences, they can be chained in a manual fashion by doing program changes. That could be what the band in the video is
doing, since most MIDI controllers can be set up to send program changes. I used to do this with my Evolver.

The OS allows copying sequences beteen patches (same sequence, different sound) or sounds between patches (same sound, different sequences). Because it's bi-timbral, both the A and B layers have their own sequences. It's nowhere near as flexible or easy to use as a true song-based sequencer, but it can be done.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

hotbird

Re: prophet rev 2 -- song mode / pattern chaining?

Post by hotbird » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:58 pm

thank you! that sounds about right... the patterns were pretty simple so i suspect they could be achieved in this fashion. thank you for your time & info.