Roland Juno 106 no sound, just some noise and crackles

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
dds

Roland Juno 106 no sound, just some noise and crackles

Post by dds » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi,
I justreceived a Roland Juno 106, which was supposed to have a defective filter chip, only. At least this was apparent on a video of this unit that I saw and heard before buying it. However, there is no sound coming out of this Juno 106 except some noise and some crackles when turning the volume pot. Voltages on the PSU are in spec. and the battery is also fine. The guy who sold it took out the CPU-, Voice- and jack boards in order to make pictures of them from both sides and put them back in, without testing the unit again. Hence, the video refIeced the status before that. I realized that a black cable going to the jack board was hanging loose in its socket (see picture with red arrow). Hence, I soldered it directly in, but unfortunately the problem persists. Because the internal battery is good I thought it wouldn't help to reload the factory presets, but I tried it anyway. The Juno 106 seemed to load them well (showing the expected two dashes at the end of the load), but I still can't hear any sound out of the phones, mono and stereo jacks. What is also puzzeling me, I connected in a separate step my laptop with Cubase via MIDI to the Juno 106, but it just shows some LED flickering (see video). I used MIDIOX to capture the MIDI output of the device, while not touching it. See attached. I am not sure the guy put everything back in the way it should be. Hence, I would highly appreciate if you could have a look and guide me how to fix it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Dan
Attachments
IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_4352.JPG
Defekter_Stecker.JPG

dds

Re: Roland Juno 106 no sound, just some noise and crackles

Post by dds » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Fixed. There were two cables switched by the vendor on the CPU board.