Fuse size for Ensoniq ESQ-M

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
postitnote

Fuse size for Ensoniq ESQ-M

Post by postitnote » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:23 am

What is the correct physical size for the 1A 250V quick-blow fuse in the ESQ-M?
I've recently gotten my hands on an Ensoniq ESQ-M, and it's arrived without a fuse in the associated socket. I can't seem to find a standard size fuse that physically fits in the socket. A 5x20mm fuse rattles around, while a 6.3x32mm fuse is far too long. The service and owner's manuals don't specify any standard sizes or types here aside from the ratings of the fuse, at 1A 250V. I'm trying cylindrical glass cartridge fuses.
I don't think the spring in the socket is broken either. I should note that the device is for 120V US power, and I'm located in Australia. I have the appropriate step-down transformer, however the location may affect the standard sizes of fuses I can find in local electronics stores.
If anyone can help here I'd really appreciate it.
Last edited by postitnote on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

postitnote

Re: Fuse size for Ensoniq ESQ-M

Post by postitnote » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:22 pm

I was able to resolve my issue. I'll post the answer here in case anyone else is wondering in the future.
The correct fuse size is 6.35*32mm. I was unable to fit the fuse into the socket correctly due to hard-to-spot debris from a previous blown fuse lodged in the socket. Once that was removed, the fuse fit in perfectly.