Waldorf Microwave XT custom wavetable synthesis using UPAW

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Waldorf Microwave XT custom wavetable synthesis using UPAW

Postby magnetic resonator » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:46 am

Hello there, all of you synth-heads,

I recently got myself a Microwave, which, believe me, really is truly powerful. Apparently, you can actually even design your own wavetables and, more importantly, the waves within them, using either Sounddiver's additive synthesis tool, or UPAW. I have tried both, but since I don't have a degree in nuclear physics, I can't seem to make them work (at least not in a predictive way). Does anyone of you know where I can find a decent manual? Apart from that, I really wonder if you can install the 20 extra voices of the 30 voice version as an option, or was this a factory only option? Would it still be possible to upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
magnetic resonator

Postby CTB » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:34 am

The board to expand an XT10 to an XT30 is installable on your own, yes. The hard part will be finding one and making sure it is compatible with the rest of the hardware. There are many more XT experts here (I'm not one of them...yet...), and I'm sure they'll chime in. But I know there are folks who have done it, and they'll know what to look for.

SecretAsianMan and/or Carbon111 might be able to help you.
CTB
CTB

Re: Waldorf Microwave XT custom wavetable synthesis using UP

Postby hey_timj » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:40 am

magnetic resonator wrote:Hello there, all of you synth-heads,

I recently got myself a Microwave, which, believe me, really is truly powerful. Apparently, you can actually even design your own wavetables and, more importantly, the waves within them, using either Sounddiver's additive synthesis tool, or UPAW. I have tried both, but since I don't have a degree in nuclear physics, I can't seem to make them work (at least not in a predictive way). Does anyone of you know where I can find a decent manual? Apart from that, I really wonder if you can install the 20 extra voices of the 30 voice version as an option, or was this a factory only option? Would it still be possible to upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

yes ask the carbon dude. i think he has a good website about it.
fender rhodes, moog little phatty, moogerfooger mf-103, mf-105, all going into ableton live 6
hey_timj

Return to HELP!