RX5: pattern making tips....help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

RX5: pattern making tips....help!

Postby Yeti » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:06 am

Is anyone really experienced with pattern making in the RX5? I can do simple stuff, but when i try to making longer, more complex patterns, i usually end up with a confusing mess that i scrap and start from scratch. I usually make a few diff patterns that i record individually in Cubase and then link them up into a song in there, but i wondered if anyone had some expertise and could enlighten me to some tips and tricks. I have the manual too, but we all know how Yamaha manuals can be. I have to say, i love the DX7 manual, and i actually learned a ton from it, but this RX5 manual is something else. Messing around with this machine has made me love my DR-110 and its interface so much more hahaha.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams....

Yamaha DX7, Roland Juno-1, Microkorg, Boss DR-110, Yamaha RX5, Korg ER1, Casio MT70, MT68, EP30,SK1, Alesis HR16, Akai S1000, Reason, Guitars, Basses, Mandolin
Yeti

Postby Yeti » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:52 am

does anyone use this monster?

Yamaha DX7, Roland Juno-1, Microkorg, Boss DR-110, Yamaha RX5, Korg ER1, Casio MT70, MT68, EP30,SK1, Alesis HR16, Akai S1000, Reason, Guitars, Basses, Mandolin
Yeti

Postby Zamise » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:15 am

I have one, haven't got into programing it much, it didn't seem too dificult tho that I remember when I read it, just a tad tedious when I've got so much else I can do stuff with a lot faster, but I must attempt making something with it one of these days. Other problem is my combined L & R outs get a little hummy and the individual outs sound great but thats a lot of wires.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Postby Yeti » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:52 am

yeah....i guess it is the tediousness more than the difficulty. oh well, i guess i'll just work with my other drumboxes. i was just hoping to make this a more primary machine cos i got some new wavform carts for it.

Yeti

Return to HELP!