Writing templates for the Remote SL

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Writing templates for the Remote SL

Postby ex_action_figure » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:12 am

I plan on writing all my own templates for my novation Remote SL
I've been meaning to do it for a while and after last night i'm really motivated to.

I don't really understand how to do it, I have the remote sl editor and it seems simple enough but I don't quite get it, I've looked for info on the subject but I can't really find any.

I want to write a template for:

arturia minimoog V
Korg legacy collection
DiscoDSP
native instruments Pro53
audio realism Bassline
Novation V station
novation Bassstation
MidiNES
maybe ableton live (if I can figure out how to make something that will auto map to the above templates)
and traktor 3

I'd love to get cracking on these but I don't understand how to do it, could anyone shine some light on this for me or link me to something- I wish it came with a manual but then again maybe it's something really simple that i'm just not getting :?
ex_action_figure

Postby Altitude » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:04 am

All the novation stuff will have presets for it in memory (Live should too)

As far as making templates for the other stuff (excluding automap, I have the older Remote) you just need to find which CC parameter controls what on the soft synth (it will be in the manual for each softsynth), right click on the knob you want to assign it to, select CC and the CC# for that control, name it and your done. Just call up that preset when running (automap will probably do that for you)
Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby ex_action_figure » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:36 am

I'm going to rewrite the templates that come with it because they are layed out weird (cutoff on the right reso on the left) and most of them don't have templates.

ah, I got it- I just had to know where to get the midi CC numbers from but they are either in the manual or it says it when I right click, thanks

there should be a community of remote SL users who can share templates...
ex_action_figure

Return to HELP!