Portable, Battery-Operated

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Anaki_Muon

Portable, Battery-Operated

Post by Anaki_Muon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Okay... so here's another one of those "what should I get?"-type threads which I loathe so much.

I got a MiniDisc recorder and a suitcase... the only thing I need to go along with it is a battery operated synth that can fit in my suitcase or a small bag. You see, I have about 45 minute bus ride to and from work, and I feel that time would be better of used playing with synths and what-not. It would also be a good reason not to talk to my fellow employees on my breaks.

So I'd like to know what good synths are battery operated, but have a built-in sequencer, as I don't imagine I could play a keyboard too well on the bus.

Any suggestions?
Korg MS20 & Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno 60 & Juno 106 & MKS50 & D110 & MC202, Ensoniq EPS, Yamaha FB01, SP07b, Casio CZ5000 & SK1, Alesis Micron, Cakewalk Z3ta+, Propellerhead Reason, Garriton Personal Orchestra

MissionBrown

Post by MissionBrown » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:11 pm

You could go for a portable sequencer
Yamaha QY series or Roland PMA-5(a little easier to use, due to large display).

nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Post by nathanscribe » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:43 pm

mc202! squelchy analogue goodness, put fibre in your..ermmm..ears.

Twiddler

Post by Twiddler » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:44 pm

laptop?

and this> Image
click it!

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:22 pm

tb303... you asked.

The QY70 exellent one I think too.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

Anaki_Muon

Post by Anaki_Muon » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Well, like I said before something that relies on a keyboard wouldn't really work too well as it would be hard to play a keyboard on a bus. Furthermore laptops are not permitted on the premise where I work.

I swore I'd never get a TB-303 but the more I listen to Analord as well as some other stuff, the more I want one. It's battery operated too? Hmmm... that could be a good choice indeed...

I'll have to look more in to the QY70. Is it easy to use? It doesn't seem to have too many buttons, so I'd imagine it would require lots of button pressing and what-not just to do basic stuff.

I think and MC-202 or a TB-303 could be in order. Thanks for the suggestions!
Korg MS20 & Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno 60 & Juno 106 & MKS50 & D110 & MC202, Ensoniq EPS, Yamaha FB01, SP07b, Casio CZ5000 & SK1, Alesis Micron, Cakewalk Z3ta+, Propellerhead Reason, Garriton Personal Orchestra

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:51 am

If you've got enough cash for a tb303, I mentioned it jokeingly I'll explain, get the qy70 and then get the mc202 instead. A tb303 is more of an investment with a niche sound to it then an all around useable piece of gear. You'll get 1000x more bang for your buck out of a qy and an mc, I promise you. Get the tb later if so still compelled to have one.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]