Roland SH-2000

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
nvining
Gear: CS80, Chroma, Synclavier, DK Synergy II+, Matrix 12, Memorymoog+, CS20m, Clavinet, AlphaSyntauri, Korg Micropreset, Lexicon 480L, Otari RADAR

Roland SH-2000

Post by nvining » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:26 pm

A while ago, my Roland SH-2000 met with an accident; somebody knocked it over, and one of the black keys got smashed. I replaced the key, and in the process had to disassemble and reassemble the entire synthesizer. And now, it doesn't work. It gets power, the 'modulation' light turns on, but it produces no sound and none of the controls work. So... I figure I've connected something wrong.

Is there somebody out there with another SH-2000 who would be willing to take the top off of theirs and to take a few photographs of the series of 4-wire connectors on the top left control unit? Failing that, does anybody have schematics for this monster?

Thanks!
"We have to remember that Moogs, ARPs and all of the first synths had been created by raging madmen." - Jean-Michael Jarre

RedSky
No Longer Registered

Post by RedSky » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:20 am

Hi, sorry, I can't help, but I would say that you should repost this subject a few times. There will be someone on here that can help- they just might not have seen it!

Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Post by Maschinengeist » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:41 am

I don't own a Sh2000 nor do I have the service manual. If I find it, I'll let you know. But if you decide to purchase it, I'm willing to split the bill with you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"

nvining
Gear: CS80, Chroma, Synclavier, DK Synergy II+, Matrix 12, Memorymoog+, CS20m, Clavinet, AlphaSyntauri, Korg Micropreset, Lexicon 480L, Otari RADAR

Post by nvining » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:18 am

Thanks for the offer, Machinengeist. Hopefully somebody has some clue as to how to fix this thing.

Randomly, for anybody interested in such matters: this synthesizer is a pain in the @#$@ to work on. If you loosen anything too much, or jiggle it just right, all of the keys fly off in the air. Stupid spring action. I think I ended up taping them in place.
"We have to remember that Moogs, ARPs and all of the first synths had been created by raging madmen." - Jean-Michael Jarre

gordwiebe
Gear: motif ES rack +cards, alesis fusion, E-MU PX7 + cards, siel MONO

Post by gordwiebe » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:43 am

There was a guy a couple days ago selling an sh2000 on Toronto craigslist who said he recently had it serviced/fixed. The ad is unsurprisingly gone now since he was only asking $200 (!). It's a long shot - but, you could post there and if he or the buyer were to see it maybe they could point you in the direction of some schematics etc...