Nice affordable synth for Detune/PWM sound?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Nice affordable synth for Detune/PWM sound?

Post by Alex E » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:38 am

Yes, it's another post about what kind of synthesizer to get. I have an extra space on my MIDI interface for one last synth. I'm looking for a ployphonic (mono sort of okay) analog or digital synthesizer with midi that can really nail that buzzy detune synth lead sound. It's my favorite sound. Does anybody have some suggestions please? This is really important because this will probably be the last synth I'll buy for a while, and I need the best synth for the Detune synth sound ever made! :D I'm on a budget too, so I'm thinking something vintage, yet reliable.
soundcloud.com/vectron

donaldm
Gear: modular synthesizer
Location: pedal depressed pan chromatic resonance and other highly ambient domain

Post by donaldm » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:47 am

a mono/poly might do you good. not the best for poly sounds but it can really buzz and ring for leads. you can detune three of the four oscs about 2 semitones. I also features a detune knob that will spread the tunning on oscs 2-4. You can also assingn any of the oscs to have their pulsewidths modulated by either of the MGs (LFOs).

altemark

Post by altemark » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:51 am

The Teisco 60-F can be had for relatively little (i got mine for 1000 sek, ~ $144). It was an OK synth, a monophonic analog with one envelope, a weak resonant lowpass filter and a non-resonant highpass one.. but the PWM with square was amazing, very buzzy and thick, better than the classic SID blurby bass. Also it has good looks, and some interesting modulation capabilities because the LFO waveforms could be also have their PW set.

No midi though, CV/gate