Stereo output problems

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Tofuik

Stereo output problems

Post by Tofuik » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:18 am

I have an Mbox2, on my laptop I have Ableton Live 5. I'm running my bass guitar throught it, and all I get is left stereo sound.

I guess It might just be my cables, but I was wondering if I could force the track to be mono? I'm using effects so that forces a stereo sound because of some of the echos, but otherwise I can't have stereo sound.
the cheese stands alone

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Re: Stereo output problems

Post by wiss » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:24 am

Tofuik wrote:I have an Mbox2, on my laptop I have Ableton Live 5. I'm running my bass guitar throught it, and all I get is left stereo sound.

I guess It might just be my cables, but I was wondering if I could force the track to be mono? I'm using effects so that forces a stereo sound because of some of the echos, but otherwise I can't have stereo sound.
you can just double the track...or copy track.....when you orginal record it......record it as two tracks...

Tofuik

Post by Tofuik » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:58 am

I can't get the guitar to switch from L to R.. so if i doubled it I would just have two L channels.
the cheese stands alone

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:39 am

Tofuik wrote:I can't get the guitar to switch from L to R.. so if i doubled it I would just have two L channels.
check your setting on the software...I dont know....are you using moniters or headphones?

Alexx

Post by Alexx » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:19 am

In 'Preferences', select the 'Audio' tab. Then there's a button somewhere that lets you configure the audio inputs. On the pop-up this gives you, select one or both of 'L mono'/'1 mono' , 'R mono'/2 mono' (not sure what they'll be called for your interface).

Now you can select a audio track's input to be mono from the selected single interface input channel in the drop-down input select menu in its channel strip.

Sorry if this isn't completely clear—I'm doing this from memory without Live in front of me at the moment.