CS 30 prices

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
neandrewthal

CS 30 prices

Post by neandrewthal » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:29 am

There are only two things I know about the value of the CS 30. One was when a member of this forum (I forget who) said they saw one go on ebay for $600 if I remember correctly. Another is one on I keep seeing on ebay for over $1000 that doesn't seem to be selling. I am interested in the one that Clueless has for sale bit I don't know what a reasonable offer would be. I wish he would just name his price. 600 seems ridiculously low and and over $1000 seems a bit high. Not that it would not be worth over $1000, just if that was the case you would get more for your money if you just got two CS 15's. How much have you seen these sell for in recent years. What would be a reasonable offer?

Postblank

Post by Postblank » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:43 am

I wouldn't pay over $700 USD for any used lower to mid-tier monosynths ever. As much of a fan I am of the CS-30, it's not "worth" $1000. $600 is only low if people are bidding higher, I saw one go for $500ish BIN in a flash.
Keys: Wurlitzer 200A, Nord Electro 2, Arp Omni 2, Yamaha DX-7 II FD, Casio VL-Tone 1, Roland JX-10

dougt
No Longer Registered

Post by dougt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:03 am

I strongly disagree. The CS-30 one of the most powerful and feature-rich monosynths ever. The modulation possibilities boggle the mind and can compete with a modular system. It is also quite rare. 2 CS-15s still won't give you the sequencer and complex mod routings on the 30. I paid $950 for mine but that was several years ago... $1000 is a good deal for this amazing, rare synth...

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:17 am

I just bought a certain string ensemble on ebay last week....anyways....the person had an inflated buy it now...with an inflated reserve....I finally got....I had to wait a month...but each week he came down just a little bit...then finally got rid of the reserve and buy it now...

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:07 am

Postblank wrote:I wouldn't pay over $700 USD for any used lower to mid-tier monosynths ever.
Ouch! What would you call a high tier monosynth?

Postblank

Post by Postblank » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:24 am

neandrewthal wrote:
Postblank wrote:I wouldn't pay over $700 USD for any used lower to mid-tier monosynths ever.
Minimoogs, stuff like that. The CS-30 is certainly up there as far as monos go, but I have issues spending four figures on something you can only trigger on key at a time.
Keys: Wurlitzer 200A, Nord Electro 2, Arp Omni 2, Yamaha DX-7 II FD, Casio VL-Tone 1, Roland JX-10

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:47 pm

You can ride your principles about what you should pay for it all you want. That probably means you'll never get a CS30 :) They're worth it.

sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by sam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:04 pm

The cs30 is indeed a high end synth.
I paid 550 euros and that's cheap these days.
If you can't justify paying these prices someone else will.

Analog synths are becoming more and more desirable and i don't see prices comming down.

If you pay say 800 e for a cs30 you will always get your money back in the future.

If you go out today and buy a modern va synth from a shop...expect half of what you paid for it when you resell in the future.
Lam memorymoog.Sonic six.Vp330 mk1.SH101.OSCar.ARP odyssey..multivox mx3000.Solina stringsynth.polivox
ms20/50.Andromeda. OBX.
Prophet 5 Pro-one. Wasp.EMS AKS.

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:21 am

I would pay 550 euros in a heartbeat. 800, maybe.

VCO
Gear: Yamaha CS-15, Roland JD-800, Doepfer A-100 modular, various Novation stuff.

Post by VCO » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:33 am

i'd love a cs-30. had a cs-10 a few months ago, it rocked. i don't really know why i sold it, i deeply regret it now :evil:

Dreamtronix

Post by Dreamtronix » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:09 am

I paid just under a $1,000 for mine about a month and half ago and it is well worth every penny! Awesome sound, flexibility and the sequencer? One of the best mono-synths ever made..
Roland: Jupiter-8, Jupiter-6(x2), MC-808, MP-600, RS-09,

Yamaha: CS-30, SK-15

GreenLotus

Post by GreenLotus » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:56 am

I paid a little over 1000$ for my CS30 about a year and a half ago.

Still havent taken the time to master the crazy layout.
Not really concerned about getting my money back if I decide to sell it. Sure I might loose 50 dollars but thats ok.

I just checked ebay world wide and there was only one for sale at a fixed price of 977$ us.

There might be good deals for those who are willing to wait. But while they are waiting other people will happily be using their CS30s.

cheers,

Glotus.

clueless

Post by clueless » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:54 pm

I have the CS 10,15 and 30 (could never find a 5?? :? ) The CS30 is without doubt the best Mono I have ever played in over 25 years of playing synths. Now.... I love the ARP Oddy and that's no secret to those who know me. However, there is just something about the CS30 that is very appealing both sonically and cosmetically. You can sit there for hours on end and tweek away happily and get completely lost on where you are. There is just so much going on that it really is a "suck it and see" synth. Now you lot and debate all day how much you think it's worth. I have heard some absolutely stupid prices from folk who have never owned one and more importantly would never in a million years sell theirs if they had it for the price they are waffling about. The only folk qualified to give an opinion are owners..... and who amongst them are selling??............answer, None! Sure I have seen some on the bay. But they were f**k and in a right state. I will say this once more and never again......" A synth is worth what someone is willing to pay and more importantly... is it available to buy in the first place? There is no point saying it is worth XXX when there are none around to buy at any price. Well..... I got one. :lol: and I ain't selling now... at any price.

clueless

Post by clueless » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Postblank wrote:
neandrewthal wrote:
Minimoogs, stuff like that. The CS-30 is certainly up there as far as monos go, but I have issues spending four figures on something you can only trigger on key at a time.
No offence dude but that quote just completely misses the point of sound synthesis. Assuming you are like me and into sound design first and foremost. Then again, maybe you aren't. If that's the case a CS30 would not be for you. It's a serious synthesists tool. :wink:

clueless

Re: CS 30 prices

Post by clueless » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:08 pm

neandrewthal wrote:There are only two things I know about the value of the CS 30. One was when a member of this forum (I forget who) said they saw one go on ebay for $600 if I remember correctly. Another is one on I keep seeing on ebay for over $1000 that doesn't seem to be selling. I am interested in the one that Clueless has for sale bit I don't know what a reasonable offer would be. I wish he would just name his price. 600 seems ridiculously low and and over $1000 seems a bit high. Not that it would not be worth over $1000, just if that was the case you would get more for your money if you just got two CS 15's. How much have you seen these sell for in recent years. What would be a reasonable offer?
I wont name a price because the last time I did I had all sorts telling me it was not fairly priced. I don't want to be cast as some greedy s**t. Dude... I don't get offended by your offer... you pay what you can afford!! I will accept or not. No hard feelings mate. Anyway... all this debate has got me thinking about how good (and rare) the CS30 is. Not being a grouch or anything but I have decided to keep it after all. Best of luck finding another. :wink: