CS 30 prices

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
phloem

Post by phloem » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:37 pm

How much did you pay for the CS-30 in Japan, Clueless?

Psy_Free
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Synths 'n' stuff.
Band: Klangzeit

Post by Psy_Free » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:52 pm

I paid £560 (approx $1100) for mine, quite expensive, but it is in almost totally unused/unplayed/mint condition with a hard case & all original manuals. The fact that it is capable of some of the most amazing sounds possible from a 2 Osc synth makes that seem like a bargain to me.
"Any noise is good. For what is a different matter"
Bandcamp 1
Bandcamp 2
Soundcloud

clueless

Post by clueless » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:00 pm

phloem wrote:How much did you pay for the CS-30 in Japan, Clueless?
I paid around 67,000 for my first CS30. in todays money thats about 560 dollars. A little more back then.

phloem

Post by phloem » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:49 pm

That sounds good. There really aren't any deals like that around anymore. People are starting to respect the old synths for what they are worth. I mean, a Little Phatty will cost you around $1000, and that's a very basic mono. This has a sequencer, lots of very cool modulation routings, and way more CV/gate options.

One thing I try to think about with the value of a synth is it's repairability. As long as a vintage synth uses common components and no rare/custom IC's then it's a higher value synth in my book.
How is the CS-30 for reapirs? I ask because there is a CS-30 on Ebay that is in broken conditon but for a decent price. Has anybody here had experience with fixng a CS-30 or getting your CS-30 repaired?

clueless

Post by clueless » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:55 pm

Strange as this may seem but I have never come across any problems with any of the CS synths I have owned. regular servicing/cleaning and these things will keep on going. They were really built to last. :wink:

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Just for info, the rare CS30 has come up on Ebay UK very infrequently..... and when it did they sold for between £500 - £560 (around $1,000 USD) - Quite small gap between, proving what they are worth to most people.

You're bang on Clueless, had similar issues when selling a Jup 8 and Synthex, but stood my ground for a few months and got what I felt they were worth to me. If that's too high for others, happy searching...

It's rarity and sheer looks of a knob infested beast (oo-er) make it desirable without even hearing it.... :)