Will XD to SmartMedia Reader Work?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
artfulideas

Will XD to SmartMedia Reader Work?

Post by artfulideas » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:06 am

I have to get a new smartmedia card for my sampler, but they are super expensive now, but I think I found a loophole?
I can get an XD to SmartMedia reader, and get a couple XD cards. Id get waaaay more MB, and for cheaper.
Has anyone tried this? The only reason I would question it working is because nobody else is doing it!
SmartMedia cards are being sold for more than they did when they first came out.
Hmm, what do you guys think?
Drum machines: Machinedrum UW mk II, modded TR-606, TR-707 & TR-727 (both circuit bent), ER-1 mkII
Synths: MFB Synth II, MicroKorg, modded Fatman, Mini theremin

burnt toast

Post by burnt toast » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:17 am

it depends on the voltage of the card that your sampler takes... and also how big the maximum card the sampler will take. what have you got?

i'm lucky enough to have an old fuji camera that died so i nicked the card out of that. maybe you can see if there are any cheap old fuji's with the card still in them?

artfulideas

Post by artfulideas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:59 am

the yamaha su200
not sure of the voltage. I actually lost the cards I had for it and never had the manual.
dont want to make everyone else do the work for me on this, maybe Ill contact yamaha. thanks
Drum machines: Machinedrum UW mk II, modded TR-606, TR-707 & TR-727 (both circuit bent), ER-1 mkII
Synths: MFB Synth II, MicroKorg, modded Fatman, Mini theremin