legacy help PLEASE

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
eyerish
Gear: Lossa' stuff

legacy help PLEASE

Post by eyerish » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:52 am

Hi folks
I have the Korg legacy collection and its the version 1.0 got my liscense on the korg website and then downloaded the 1.2.1 upgrade but when I try to install it this other program with it wants me to put some kind of a USB microdrive kinda thing with the liscense on it I don't have that and I have the mile and a half long alpha/numeric one that korg gave me and it said all I needed for the upgrade was the same so how do I do this HELP please I want to upgrade but it wont let me HELP
Thanks
Happy Xmas
klc,microrgan,
d50,max,CX5M,FB01
wk3500,ctk511,cz5000,cp30,cp35,djx,
audion,rt234,qchord,dr110's,c64's,
Esi4000,sixtrak,theremin and more
softsynths,shopping for talent now

burnt toast

Post by burnt toast » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:48 pm

are you talking about a USB dongle?

i've never used the korg legacy program but a usb dongle is a fairly common thing - its a simple USB stick with the license on it and the program wont run without it being connected.

you could try sticking the license string on a usb key but i dont think it would work. you'll have to email korg on this one.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:53 pm

The extra program you've run into is Syncrosoft License Control. You need a little USB stick that SLC will download your Legacy key to, and this stick will need to be plugged into an USB port. Legacy will check for the physical presence of this key every time you start it up. And will fail to load if it isn't there. If you bought it legally, you should have got a USB stick in the package. However, some VSTi's don't include the key, but you have to buy it separately. All stores that sell these programs should have empty USB sticks to sell aswell.

This whole thing is to prevent you to copy the program and use on someone elses computer without the physical key.
Piracy prevention. I assume you did buy the program w/ the big MS-20 controller, then it might be a slip from the dealer if you didn't get a key. Or if you bought it used, the owner forgot to include his key. In any way, the program isn't usable without it.