Repair advice; Jupiter 8 and Emax

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
nsputnik
Gear: jp8 ju106 ju60 ju2 sh101 odyssey indigo nordlead an1x emax chromapolaris prophecy matrix1000 xbase09 s3000xl tx81z sidstation midines esq1 shermanfb2

Repair advice; Jupiter 8 and Emax

Post by nsputnik » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:48 am

I have had a Jupiter 8 for about 10 years. One of the previous owners tried to mod it, I have not been able to figure out what the mod was for. There were two jacks added to the back and a couple switches. Maybe route through the filter? I don't really care for that. However (and I am not sure if it is related) it does not store patches. I have been using it in manual mode and will occasionally load the factory patches from tape (or an audio file). Roland had it for 3 months and could not figure out how to fix it.

On my E-Max, I have a bad channel/voice. It distorts. In the special mode I was able to mute voice 3 to make the problem go away.

Does any one know of any one that can fix these or if they are repairable?

thanks.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:23 am

www.advancedmusical.com

they are based out of LA

you could also try Valley Sound...they may or may not...the did a good job on my Farfisa

also contact True Tone Music..they might not be able to service but they will tell you who can...

dougt
No Longer Registered

Post by dougt » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:13 pm

Kevin Lightner is THE synth repair guy in SoCal -

www.synthfool.com

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:31 am

I am fool for forgetting synthfool