Exstremly rare synth

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
hooshirn

Exstremly rare synth

Post by hooshirn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:58 am

Hello I purchased a Yamaha SHS 10 synthesizer out of the salvation army toy section for 5.50$. It looked very new and had a midi and 1/4 out so I said cool and bought it for a small light weight controller. I know a little about synth's and it seemed a bit unusual because it had a midi and 1/4 inch out and I know the current toy synth's don't have this type stuff on them anymore so I was thinking this thing is older than it appears so I said to myself why not check it out on eBay to see if its a collectors item. Well as some of you know this is about the most collectible of the toy type synth's Yamaha or anyone else produced and is currently going for 300$ + in the condition mine is in. that is to say with original strap and batteries cover. I had it listed for a couple of days and I received an email from a guy in Yamaha Japan that runs what he says is the largest Yamaha sythn museum in the world. Any way this guy's says that this unit is an early chip model thats ridiculously rare as these units go and for 1500$ or more in the right market his museum has only one of these units and they are the largest collectors in the world. I know that the Japanese are rabid synth collectors and I would like to market this thing in Japan doe's anyone around here Know of anyone that has experiencing selling synth's in Japan I would not no how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated " this things starting to scare me I don't even want to breath on it" . I have it listed on ebay under "Yamaha shs 10 keytar mint" and will leave it up for a couple day's if anyone wants to look but I will probably withdraw it early until I can figure things out.

dougt
No Longer Registered

Post by dougt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:18 pm

Nice ploy to drive up the price on your auction... :P

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Do not make accusations when you do not know what you are talking about. I think the moderator should look into this as your accusation is very offensive. I have know idea if the guy that told me this was an extremely rare item was pulling my leg or not. It did not sound like it and I don't know why he would go through all the trouble to lie to me. I intend to most likely withdraw this item before it sells so I do not Know why you think I am trying to drive up the price I am just trying to get info.It has been my experience that people that accuse others of this kind of behavior are just thinking of how they would do things themselves. Do not bother replying as I want no further contact with someone of your obviously low character.

artfulideas

Post by artfulideas » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 pm

^^^^^chill out buddy hes probably joking...

and like I said in your other post, forget ebay, put the synth on yahoo japan if you want to get the kind of price youre shooting for with the japanese market. -everyone on ebay just wants a moog.
Drum machines: Machinedrum UW mk II, modded TR-606, TR-707 & TR-727 (both circuit bent), ER-1 mkII
Synths: MFB Synth II, MicroKorg, modded Fatman, Mini theremin

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:10 pm

yes he did put a smile icon on it and I probably overreacted. The reason I believe the guy that contacted me was legit and from Japan is the strangely proper but slightly broken English it just did not have the feel of someone playing a joke and that would be a really weird joke to pull on someone thats why I think the email was legit

calyx93
Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave x3, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3

Post by calyx93 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:37 pm

hooshirn wrote:Do not make accusations when you do not know what you are talking about. I think the moderator should look into this as your accusation is very offensive. I have know idea if the guy that told me this was an extremely rare item was pulling my leg or not. It did not sound like it and I don't know why he would go through all the trouble to lie to me. I intend to most likely withdraw this item before it sells so I do not Know why you think I am trying to drive up the price I am just trying to get info.It has been my experience that people that accuse others of this kind of behavior are just thinking of how they would do things themselves. Do not bother replying as I want no further contact with someone of your obviously low character.
Freak :)
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

grahampreston

Post by grahampreston » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:57 pm

well ive picked a few up at boot fairs for £3-£5 unboxed and boxed.
Ok so they sell for £30-£40 local and about £100 if they go on ebay...but $2500...
ho ho!!
Current Gear Hammond M102 and Technics GN9 organ. Not a synth in sight at the moment!

Toris

Post by Toris » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:43 pm

I've deleted your thread in the 'For Sale' section as this 'help' section seems like the best place for it.

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm

ANY keytar is never gonna be worth more than $100 to anyone except the geeks that never get laid proper... so they strap on a keytar (which SCREAMS "Hey lookit MEEEE! I can wear a stroke-my-dork thing TOO!!!! Why can't IIIIIII get the blowjob????" :wink:

:lol: let the FLAMING begin! :lol:
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies

ridethefader
No Longer Registered

Re: Exstremly rare synth

Post by ridethefader » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:12 pm

hooshirn wrote:Hello I purchased a Yamaha SHS 10 synthesizer out of the salvation army toy section for 5.50$. It looked very new and had a midi and 1/4 out so I said cool and bought it for a small light weight controller. I know a little about synth's and it seemed a bit unusual because it had a midi and 1/4 inch out and I know the current toy synth's don't have this type stuff on them anymore so I was thinking this thing is older than it appears so I said to myself why not check it out on eBay to see if its a collectors item. Well as some of you know this is about the most collectible of the toy type synth's Yamaha or anyone else produced and is currently going for 300$ + in the condition mine is in. that is to say with original strap and batteries cover. I had it listed for a couple of days and I received an email from a guy in Yamaha Japan that runs what he says is the largest Yamaha sythn museum in the world. Any way this guy's says that this unit is an early chip model thats ridiculously rare as these units go and for 1500$ or more in the right market his museum has only one of these units and they are the largest collectors in the world. I know that the Japanese are rabid synth collectors and I would like to market this thing in Japan doe's anyone around here Know of anyone that has experiencing selling synth's in Japan I would not no how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated " this things starting to scare me I don't even want to breath on it" . I have it listed on ebay under "Yamaha shs 10 keytar mint" and will leave it up for a couple day's if anyone wants to look but I will probably withdraw it early until I can figure things out.
could you do me a favor and put me in touch with the guy at the yamaha museum. would be greatly appreciated. any contact info would be great

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:39 pm

I don't know if I'm totally comfortable sharing other people emails to me
but I guess I will since this is just weird and I am curious as to other
peoples opinions on the matter. heres the first part of the conversation.

You have a VERY VERY rare original issue of the world famous YAMAHA SH10

KEYTAR, we in AU are the world's largest collector of YAMAHA synths, have one

like yours in our museum near YAMAHA, JAPAN, plus Six less rare SH10 in both

red and charchol. We recognise a certain mark on yours only found on the early

chip ones, making it worth perhaps far over a grand and a half easily/BTW avg

cond SH10 is not $400, rather around $200. Having an orig box could inflate

Vgood ones w/batt cover and orig strap past $300 on e-Bay. More on SH10 forums

like or VSE. We have new covers, orig SH10 factory gig bags, new ctns and

straps. We'll lurk, slip in some higher bids to drive away preditors and get it

at EOA for a fifth of it's value elsewhere. Sorry, way it goes some times. You

made a great accidental find for us for the rareset version. A prewinning

Thanks to you Mate.

I then sent this guy an email asking why he thought I would have to sell it to
him for the price he wanted as I have a right to withdraw from bidding if I
don't get the price I want and also if he was making an offer.
quiet frankly I dont understand why the guy would do this either but the email
has a weird broken english tone to it like it is someone from japan trying to
communicate "I du know"

here was his reply he got very angry and the English gets even worse just seems
to strange to be a scam. still I think its worth looking into.

WE are totally dismayed at your deriving at either of your errant conclusions.

We have no idea how,other than most typical of Americans when you are offer

educated professional opinions. To properly undersocore our intentions ; Just

trying to indicate that you struck a gold mine, mate. Really we don't give a

damn what you do with it as your demenor prompts us to now be out of the

running. Good day

smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Post by smallsynth » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:46 pm

i choose to no longer be a part...
Last edited by smallsynth on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Post by smallsynth » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 pm

...of this conversation.
Last edited by smallsynth on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:10 pm

I guess if shaft9000 would get off his sister and give me a chance maybe I could get properly laid to he he he. I couldn't resist he sounds like a bit of a poser
flame away dude its my favorite game Burrrrrrrrrrn all in fun

artfulideas

Post by artfulideas » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:19 am

hooshirn wrote:I don't know if I'm totally comfortable sharing other people emails to me
but I guess I will since this is just weird and I am curious as to other
peoples opinions on the matter. heres the first part of the conversation.

You have a VERY VERY rare original issue of the world famous YAMAHA SH10

KEYTAR, we in AU are the world's largest collector of YAMAHA synths, have one

like yours in our museum near YAMAHA, JAPAN, plus Six less rare SH10 in both

red and charchol. We recognise a certain mark on yours only found on the early

chip ones, making it worth perhaps far over a grand and a half easily/BTW avg

cond SH10 is not $400, rather around $200. Having an orig box could inflate

Vgood ones w/batt cover and orig strap past $300 on e-Bay. More on SH10 forums

like or VSE. We have new covers, orig SH10 factory gig bags, new ctns and

straps. We'll lurk, slip in some higher bids to drive away preditors and get it

at EOA for a fifth of it's value elsewhere. Sorry, way it goes some times. You

made a great accidental find for us for the rareset version. A prewinning

Thanks to you Mate.

I then sent this guy an email asking why he thought I would have to sell it to
him for the price he wanted as I have a right to withdraw from bidding if I
don't get the price I want and also if he was making an offer.
quiet frankly I dont understand why the guy would do this either but the email
has a weird broken english tone to it like it is someone from japan trying to
communicate "I du know"

here was his reply he got very angry and the English gets even worse just seems
to strange to be a scam. still I think its worth looking into.

WE are totally dismayed at your deriving at either of your errant conclusions.

We have no idea how,other than most typical of Americans when you are offer

educated professional opinions. To properly undersocore our intentions ; Just

trying to indicate that you struck a gold mine, mate. Really we don't give a

damn what you do with it as your demenor prompts us to now be out of the

running. Good day
I used to live in japan, and I can tell you this guy you are talking to is NOT japanese. Maybe slightly broken english, probably learned "british english" but totally different from japanese broken english.

plus a japanese person would never be so frank. and waaay more polite.

just to let you know.
Drum machines: Machinedrum UW mk II, modded TR-606, TR-707 & TR-727 (both circuit bent), ER-1 mkII
Synths: MFB Synth II, MicroKorg, modded Fatman, Mini theremin