Exstremly rare synth

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Cybananna

Post by Cybananna » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 am

second that, that is not "japanese english" at all. Also completely non-japanese behavior. Sorry, somebody is screwing with you, and / or you're screwing with us.

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:15 am

I think its not a guy from japan myself I got some info that its not but I promised not to get into specifics still as I understand it the guy is a very big collector of Yamaha synth's even though he is shall we say a little off. Theirs is still a slight chance that he knows what he is talking about so I'll continue to look into it have not found any evidence that indicates what he is talking about is true. I only paid 5.50 for the thing and they are selling for up to 300$ on ebay so I still believe
I made a great score. who Knows maybe I can get someone to trade straight across for a prophet 10 or a Yamaha DX 1 ?

hexvectors

Post by hexvectors » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:45 am

hooshirn wrote:who Knows maybe I can get someone to trade straight across for a prophet 10 or a Yamaha DX 1 ?
I have both of these units and will trade both to you for the shitty keytar you have.

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:48 am

You two guys sound a bit snotty and self important so I don't have a prophet vs or mini Moog sorry to wast your time with my questions on my pitiful little unimportant toy. What do I care what you two think. My question was directed towards the none arrogant j**k that might wish to be somewhat helpful instead of making accusation on matters they no nothing about or getting wound up and insulting because I made a simple joke. jah you are da pitiful little girly mahhn wiit da tiny bahby turd synnnthaaasizerrr der iz no hope for yooou gaht oout ooof mine sight'n. " really guys why not make a least a down payment on a life"

groovemacher

Post by groovemacher » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:52 pm

The message you posted from the Yamaha collector/or whatever they are mentioned being in AU.
isn't AU an abbreviation for Australia?
If this is that persons actual location it would be more consistent with the learned British English someone else pointed out.
I also agree with the person who said real Japanese are polite, this has been true of all I've done business with.
The aggressiveness this person who contacted you exuded seemed overly arrogant in my opinion.

but based on what you paid vs what you say these are going for you would do good to sell it.
If I were you and were contacted by someone saying they will happily pay 1/3rd of your synths value,
I would counter there offer and offer a direct $500. + shipping.

in relation to what they say it is worth $500 + shipping is fairly reasonable.

this is just my thoughts on your situation.

meeks

Post by meeks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:53 am

hooshirn wrote:You two guys sound a bit snotty and self important so I don't have a prophet vs or mini Moog sorry to wast your time with my questions on my pitiful little unimportant toy. What do I care what you two think. My question was directed towards the none arrogant j**k that might wish to be somewhat helpful instead of making accusation on matters they no nothing about or getting wound up and insulting because I made a simple joke. jah you are da pitiful little girly mahhn wiit da tiny bahby turd synnnthaaasizerrr der iz no hope for yooou gaht oout ooof mine sight'n. " really guys why not make a least a down payment on a life"
That other guy is about as japanese as this guy is out of high school

...really man, I know I'm a newbie but get a grip, they are trying to help you but either you don't get posting or your trying to bait people that know thier stuff. I got an idea, don't sell it and go make some music and chill out!

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:53 am

All I was looking for is some answers and I felt most of the responses were either hostile accusational or condescending that is why I rote these responses. I dont think these people were trying to be helpful at all. I really don't have to frequent this board some people have been nice but the magority of responces have been negative iin my opinion I posted my question at many different groups and this is the only place I ran into negative responses. I don't intend to post here any more as I just don't find this a very friendly place. so I'll just chill out of here

Spaceheater184

Post by Spaceheater184 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:03 am

first..is there a city in Japan called Yamaha? I couldn't find it anywhere...secondly, he uses words that someone speaking "broken English" wouldn't say...using the word "errant"? come on...

I think you got hosed by this dude, and I'm sorry to hear that. Everyone's gotta make a buck, they just choose to do it illegitimately. :?

square_bubblegum

Post by square_bubblegum » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:45 am

I like fairytales, finding a 5$ synth that has a special mark making it a rare item worth thousands....
sometimes I also dream of finding a Mimimoog in a rubbish can down the street, but I always wake up.

anyway, an educated japanese (if he speaks english, it means he's educated) would never use terms as "a grand" or "mate".

thanks for the nice story, mate.