Ensoniq SQ 1 bulk dump and battery change

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
grahampreston

Ensoniq SQ 1 bulk dump and battery change

Post by grahampreston » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 pm

I asked this question some time ago, and thought maybe some one else may have joined VSE who may know more about this synth.
I bought it and its showing battery low, so new battery needed.
The battery is NOT the same as a ESQ this one is like a watch battery. but soldered in.

Has anyone done a bulk dump on a SQ1 replaced the battery and reloaded?

Dont want to loose the factory sounds, and just wondered if any one knew how to do it?

Failing that any one know of anyone in the south east of england whos up to doing the job???

Cheers for now,

Graham
Current Gear Hammond M102 and Technics GN9 organ. Not a synth in sight at the moment!

grahampreston

Post by grahampreston » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:43 pm

just a thought..
each voice is held in either Internal voice or ROM voice.

SO?? are the voices held in ROM and if so would they stay there even with the battery removed?
Thought ROM was Read Only Memery..so are the sounds in a chip and not held there by the battery???

Graham
Current Gear Hammond M102 and Technics GN9 organ. Not a synth in sight at the moment!

clubsprint

Re: Ensoniq SQ 1 bulk dump and battery change

Post by clubsprint » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm

grahampreston wrote:I asked this question some time ago, and thought maybe some one else may have joined VSE who may know more about this synth.
I bought it and its showing battery low, so new battery needed.
The battery is NOT the same as a ESQ this one is like a watch battery. but soldered in.

Has anyone done a bulk dump on a SQ1 replaced the battery and reloaded?

Dont want to loose the factory sounds, and just wondered if any one knew how to do it?

Failing that any one know of anyone in the south east of england whos up to doing the job???

Cheers for now,

Graham
Hi Graham
I own an ESQ-1 and although I haven't done the job yet I've found a number of sites on the web that tell you jow to replace the battery. Here's the links. When you replace it you might like to install a battery holder so you don't have to solder the next one in if you have it for another 20 years.

http://www.pic101.com/ensoniq/battery.htm
http://www.synthzone.com/midi/ensoniq/e ... esq-1.html

regards
Mark

twocargar
Gear: Ensoniq SQ1 Plus 32, Yamaha DX7II-D Plus, a bunch of bass & guitar stuff (I'm a bass player who kinda plays keyboard).

Post by twocargar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Wondering if anyone is still watching this thread. I just installed a battery-holder and fresh battery in my SQ1 Plus 32, but was not able to reset it. I still get the "Replace Battery" message. The keystrokes I have tried from websites don't seem to work for me. Any thoughts?

Thanks for a great forum!

ensoniqsynthman

Post by ensoniqsynthman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:04 am

Hi

On replacing the battery in the SQ1 Plus the battery warning should disappear by it's self. I replaced my battry with a holder and seperate battery as well, works a treat! If I remember correctly the old battery was a tight fit so maybe the through hole plating in the PCB is damaged! I take it you do not need the dump info anymore as you have already replaced the battery. If this machine is damaged and you don't want it I may be interested in buying it for spares as my SQ1 plus has a faulty keyboard controller ic I am trying to get hold of. :)